My Pledge: "I know your home is a prized possession for you and your family. I will be sensitive to the fact that utilizing your home equity while you remain in the home is a major financial and emotional decision. I pledge to serve you with integrity, and your best interest will always be my primary consideration."
Serving Florida's Senior Homeowners
The Reverse Mortgage Program (HECM) was created in 1987 to specifically assist homeowners age 62 and older. Approved by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President Ronald Reagan, a reverse mortgage simply allows Senior homeowners to convert home equity into cash to use whenever and however they wish; as a lump sum, receive monthly income payments or as a growing line of credit you can tap into as needed. Today, reverse mortgages are being used more and more to supplement income in a comprehensive and versatile retirement plan.
- The loan does not have to be repaid as long as you continue to live in your home.
- The loan is backed and guaranteed by the U.S. Federal Government.
- The home must be your primary residence.
- Title to the property remains in your name – You Own Your Home
- Borrower must pay property taxes, hazard insurance and keep the home maintained.
- You do NOT make monthly mortgage payments.
- Cash received is TAX FREE! Consult your tax advisor.
- You own your home – and it can be passed on to your heirs.
- Social Security benefits and Medicare are generally not affected by a reverse mortgage – consult your tax advisor.